Group shot before we broke up. We managed to make it to Wave 13 but just didn’t have the manpower to keep going. Special thanks to Peregrin for leading and Taurus for tanking.
Alter Aeon will soon be having a game event centered around the autumnal equinox, starting on the afternoon of Friday, September 16th and ending on the night of Saturday the 24th. This event will feature the Puzzlewood scenario. For the uninitiated, the Puzzlewood is a special event area which pits you against waves of monsters that increase in strength with each successive wave. It is intended to be a challenge for well-heeled groups of high level players. Recent changes to the game: – Gather jobs will reject objects that have had their weight magically altered, such as from a ‘crystal coat’ or ‘unburden’ spell. – More improvements to jobs displays, including location names for alchemist and assassin brew jobs and color standardization. – The meditate skill can no longer bring you to maximum favor. To compensate, the favor from doing priest jobs has been increased. – ‘Detect magic’ now shows a LOT more detail about spells on mobs, and is now level 9 and no longer obscure. The potency of using detect magic on a mob before dispel has been increased, and the ‘dispel magic’ cost has been raised to 18, since it is now more powerful. – The ‘fire focusing’, ‘ice focusing’, ‘lightning focusing’ and ‘crystal focusing’ skills now synergize with ‘dispel magic’ relevant to spells with the corresponding element. The better you know ‘spell lore’, the more spell auras you can discern with detect magic before being overwhelmed. – The damage for impale has been increased, and some changes have been made to the damage type requirements. – ‘Foulblood’ now poisons any attackers that use edged damage types such as slash, slice, chop or claw (though it only nauseates biting attackers). – The number of invigorate spells that can be put on a tincture is now dependent on the brewer’s druid level. – Bitter and sharp tasting food will help you resist being stunned. Spicy foods will instead help you recover from being chilled. – ‘Survey’ should no longer give false positives for mining in city-flagged zones. – The “compare” command should now work with lapidary gemstones. We added a few new thief-oriented gemstones to the mining and lapidary tables. – You can now appraise things you are wearing. Coming soon: – Unified handlers for spell damage, and spells will show relative damage levels on help pages, such as “moderate” or “minor”. – More polish for jobs and crafting. – Automated trivia events. – Implementing the ‘hunting’ skill. Next month, we will have our Halloween Havoc event, as well as releasing a number of new areas, including the high level zone of Port Crimsonia for the continent of Ramanek and Nightmare Plane 5 solo and group 4 areas. Primordial Chaos is very nearly complete. It will be released for the Thanksgiving event. A reinforced Font will lead there from the City of Fonts. For more information, please refer to our latest Youtube update here: https://youtu.be/Acb6THf0gJA
Hi there! As we transition from summer to fall and students return to school, we hope everyone is doing well. We here at Alter Aeon have been very busy!
In addition to opening two new areas, many minor quality of life updates have been added to Alter Aeon centering around jobs recently, including:
– The command ‘jobs find guild’ should now accept guild names.
– Lapidary check will now indicate if a mineral is uncommon, useful for prospector jobs.
– If you know woodcraft, gathering wood will send you a message when you find a rare wood type.
– Woodcraft check will indicate the region where a checked type of wood is from.
– Split wood will now have the keywood ‘swood’ (instead of ‘fwood’) in its insult string.
– Cartographer jobs now use the ‘survey’ command to advance instead of ‘map’.
– Smith smelting jobs should now be more generous with which ingots they accept, and neither they nor ore jobs should send you after very rare metals such as cadmium or orichalcum.
– Hatmaking is now the first skill in the Haberdashers Guild, so that members can complete guild jobs at novice rank.
– New Lapidarists Guild job: prospector, where you obtain a 5 pound (or more) sample of an uncommon mineral.
– If you turn in a mastercrafted item to complete a guild job, you will receive a bigger payout.
There were some changes to regeneration:
– Campfire regeneration is now calculated directly into player stats, so it will be part of “show regen”, and is stronger.
– If you sleep long enough, you will feel sharp. Being sharp increases regeneration, helps you recover from shadow exposure faster, boosts experience gains, and gives you a higher chance of producing mastercrafts for a short period.
– New level 20 cleric skill was added: meditation. This skill allows you to meditate while resting, communing with your god to regain favor.
Changes to spells and skills:
– ‘Dispel magic’ now gains an advantage against spells the caster knows. For instance, if you know displacement, you will have an easier time dispelling it.
– If your character knows animal lore, demon lore, dragon lore or undead lore, the “consider” command will inform you of the creature’s dietary habits.
– A few tweaks to skirmish so that ‘leadfoot’ makes it less effective, and mobs will be less likely to do massive damage.
Upcoming changes for August:
‘Detect magic’ is getting a facelift. Some improvements have already been implemented revolving around the elemental focus skills. The ‘dispel magic’ spell is also slated to receive some more tweaks. There may be some new abilities centered around dispel magic in the near future.
An overhaul of the ‘expiation’ spell is coming soon, as well as a possible upgrade for ‘spirit hammer’. The ‘hunting’ skill is also well on its way toward being developed.
More improvements to make earning favor more stable and predictable are almost ready to go. Under this system, clerics in harmony with their god will gain favor about every five minutes and can regenerate to full in about an hour through autofavor alone. (This, of course, can be accelerated using the meditate skill or by completing priest tasks.)
We will be reintroducing the Puzzlewood for an event centered around Labor Day, likely beginning on Friday, September 2nd and ending on the following Tuesday, September 6th. This event is intended for experienced players, who must battle wave after wave of monsters in order to win the challenge.
For more information, please refer to our Youtube update here:
from Alter Aeon https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2Fc4TFbIikcTY&h=AT3A2W7b6c8zFCQGCoo85Z7XdmAKjovaq3bCy30msEdpK1fDlbHJZvzbWen_8qpUvGH2Zt3WQLsuCun31O90jgbRAlgw3-flsRX2_tHGr9pLUBVx2dQiGmB7V52McdSU&s=1